Sunday, February 17

Nearly March and All is Well?

Been a tricky but okay month. Started really badly with the bank taking £245 off me in £35 chunks for unpaid items, some as low as £3.00. Total bastards. I borrowed some money from my mum to pay some stuff and the bank basically stole most of it. That sucked a lot.

But otherwise I've been managing well. I managed to get paid some money, and sold a few things on eBay, something I've been meaning to get around to for AGES.

Now would I guess be a good time to check how am i doing on the old resolutions, it being nearly March now. Good time to stop and evaluate. Take stock. Check all the old ducks are in a row. Blah blah.

I have to say there's more good than bad... I am kind of spending much less time moaning, I have been out for two meals out with Mia and a couple of sociable drinks, and I've spent some time with the kids.

Not taken that many pics, but I've been walking and eating proper. I've not been keeping up with my blogs but I'm fixing that now.

Not a bad score, overall.

On the movie front, I've actually added a movie to the ones I want to make this year, and that is an animated feature based on my musical, Maxine. Yeah radical idea, I know, but one I've been increasingly interested in. I've been gagging to do an animation, and this is something I own! So I don't have to write anything it's already written. Plus I have not only the original cast members I still talk to but a fund of wonderful actors to choose from.

I was thinking about making the animation look like 16 bit video games. Just a thought.

More of this later.

Top picks for the month: currently watching "30 Days of Night" which is hands down the best vampire movie of the last many years. Based on a really good comic-book. A great movie with good popcorn chomping performances from Josh Hartnett and Melissa George.

I really liked the comic, I thought it was one of those fantastic "damn if they didn't think of it first" ideas that seems obvious, what they call "postdictable", like the opposite of predictable.

Out on DVD in April and I will be in line, even though I saw it already.

Also reading Sherlock Holmes stories in their original form, as facsimiles of the original Strand Magazines. Also kind of reading my way through all the James Bond books in the right order, as they were written.

AND I have another pile of books, on top of which are the Charlie Stross books that Matt Kelland got me for Christmas. I know Charlie, I worked with him but I never read his books. Time for catch up. Loving them so far.