Thursday, March 20

Guilty Pleasures and Remebering how to Have Fun

This is a painting I did. Yeah, the first time I painted something for YEARS. I used Photoshop, a £20 graphics tablet from ASDA and some really cool new digital brushes by a French guy called David Levy. And it was fun. It looks kinda Mexican, doesn't it?

Makes me realise actually that in all the problems and stress of the last year or so I totally forgot how to Have Fun and I really need to put a little bit of thought and imagination into remembering how you do that. Painting is a start. Also while the school is on Easter break I intend to print some T-shirts, make an album of music of some kind, write the script for the Maxine animated feature I have planned, maybe draw some pictures for a comicbook I've been thinking about and finish another couple of YouTube videos... okay so I might do one of those things if I'm lucky but a man has to have goals, right?

Oh and I intend to watch a load of videos. I got a stack hip high of vids I intended to watch for the longest time and now is my time. I'm having an entire fortnight off. Okay so it's not the most relaxing time, what with having to find a new house and dealing with all these financial shenanigans, but I'll do my best to have a good time. Relax and try and get some perspective on my life, something which I need a lot more than a new house to live in, right now.

So term ended today and we showed the video projects. I'll be uploading them to YouTube so you can see them. I might have to bleep out some swearing... not sure about YouTube's policy on that. The movies turned out okay, and one of them was downright good. Not bad considering I took these kids from nought to filmmaker in about four days.

Oh and speaking of vids, I just bought "Footloose" in ASDA for about £3.00. I know you are not allowed to like this film. It is universally reviled amongst film buffs and fanboys all over. But I kinda like it. I love the title sequence, I love me some Kevin Bacon and I love that it's a crappy movie that everyone hates. I mean it has Dianne Wiest and John Lithgow, how bad can it BE? It's preposterous, it's cheesy, it has Kevin Bacon who as we know is the focus of all of Hollywood in six moves or less. But I like it. Okay? It's a guilty pleasure, like that awful "The Woman In Red" which I can't NOT watch when I see it on TV. That's why they call it guilty. Cos you KNOW it's bad but you do it anyway.

Life is full of stuff you shouldn't like but you do, and I say bravo!