Monday, October 13

Making Tracks Again

Having a lot of fun at the moment. Well, the less fun part is I'm all out of money for the next week and probably going to die under a ton of bank charges. But on the up side I am making music again with Brent Jackson, aka The Infamous Burnt under our band name of Anonymous Bosch. We have even just set up a new Facebook page for the band. I urge you to go over there and become a fan.

But even better we have an "yeractual" web site www.anonymousbosch.co.uk which is where you can hear tracks from our forthcoming 2009 album "Music for Kooks and Whackjobs" at least that's what we're calling it at the moment. We are joined on this new disc by the lovely Rob Stride on guitars and production, so the flavours might get a little smoother from hear on in. It's like smoking Senior Service for years then finally getting a filter. Nicer on the throat. And also you can download all our previous albums FOR FREE if you are not part of our immediate group of fans who already have this stuff. Actually a lot of this stuff only I had on cassette until very recently because all other copies had been lost or destroyed. Dang I lose more music that way.

Oh and before I forget and HOW could I we already have a famous fan. Brent happened to be on David Bowie's web site when he popped on for a chat and slipped him a link to one of our tunes and he loved it. Cue 48 hours of Phil and Brent and Rob dancing around the room going WOOOOO.

Also at the same time I invented a new style of graphic imagery which I'm calling "codegraphs" (pro. CODE-eh-GRAPHS.) Click on the small ones to see how BIG they are! The process mimics in photoshop the kinds of processes used by screen print artists of the 60s and 70s and comes up with a weird and compelling new style which I'm using for all the Bosch imagery. I'm loving it, I want to take every picture I've ever seen and make it like this.

The cool part, apart from the fact they are cool, is that a lot of the originals I'm being sent are really crappy phone camera pics. Obviously the high contrast images work better, but I can rescue most things. All grey things with no contrast are a bit of a non-starter. But I'm starting to get requests from all over to do them for people. I'm going to start charging soon though. I could love doing this kind of thing for a living, making images. It's all I've ever wanted to do but lack the finance to kick off. Never mind, we'll get there in the end. The big lotto win must not be too far off now... or am I going to get hit by a meteorite. Not sure which is more likely.

Px