Saturday, June 14

Ultimate Little Dog and Beyond

The aftermath of Manta's passing has been surprisingly easy. We miss the little muppet obviously, but that has been tempered with the fact that she was old and had a very good life. Her passing was fast and painless. We are all healing very well.

In many ways I feel a bit guilty about feeling so good. I paid all the bills this month, I'm sitting here drinking bourbon and coke on the rocks on a sunny Saturday afternoon in my stylish new town house, Bonobo is chillin' on iTunes through the stereo, I just spent a lovely morning walking around town with Hattie getting her glasses fixed at the opticians, looking in shops, eating ice cream and chips (not at once) and generally bonding. I even had a chance to sit for a bit and talk to some old friends.

It's so not like me to have a good time like that I have to wonder what's changing. I can sometimes relax and enjoy things. I'm unclenching. I must make it a policy, like that supercop on Dexter season 2, to sit and eat lunch every day. I must make an effort to go out for a drink with friends at least once a week. I must enjoy something and make something every day.

These are the tenets of my new lifestyle.

Currently recommending the following movies: Sunshine, National Treasure 2, Be Kind Rewind. Disappointed by "I am Legend". Real missed opportunity I thought.

Just about to watch No Country For Old Men, and REALLY keen to see new Batman and Indiana Jones flicks.

Musically currently loving:

"Beat Crazy" Joe Jackson
"Parallel Lines" Blondie
"Dial M for Monkey" Bonobo
"Mellow Gold" Beck
"Low" "Scary Monsters" "Lodger" David Bowie
"Songs From The Catherine Wheel" David Byrne
"Friend Opportunity" Deerhoof
"Gentlemen Take Polaroids" Japan
"Let Love In" Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
"Ghosts I-IV" "The Slip" Nine Inch Nails
"Party Fears Two" The Associates

and anything by Television (who I totally bypassed at the time) The Beloved or Sufjan Stevens.

Peace