Sunday, April 6

So much for regular, snouty


Ok so I didn't fulfill my promise to blog every day while I was off. Sosumi.

I have been very busy though. Been making music on the computer I've been setting up for the last six months to do just this. It's awsome... I have an orchestra at my disposal, not to mention every synth and drum imaginable. I even have didgeridoos and other ethnic instruments. Really lifelike super sampled musical instrument. Best damn music setup I ever had. I did about 5 bare bones tracks last week and I'll be finishing them and adding vocals this week, or more likely producing another 6 unfinished tracks. I also had the ideas for two comicbooks and did an actual page for one of them. But again, I want to do it well and finish.

I'm all about finishing stuff at the moment. Making something, making it good intentionally, and finishing it, because yes... it ain't art unless you finish it, baby!

Oh and I've been watching a LOT of movies which I've been putting off till I had some time. I also re-watched things which I watched hastily at my desk at work and couldn't really assimilate. One in particular is "Manufactured Landscapes". Here's the blurb:
Edward Burtynsky is internationally acclaimed for his large-scale photographs of nature transformed by industry. Manufactured Landscapes – a stunning documentary by award winning director Jennifer Baichwal – follows Burtynsky to China, as he captures the effects of the country’s massive industrial revolution. This remarkable film leads us to meditate on human endeavour and its impact on the planet.
My favourite bit is where the occupants of 13 full sized cities are paid by the Chinese govenment to take their cities apart brick by brick to make way for the Three Gorges dam and reservoir. Wonderful movie. A movie that you can watch more than once because it's got a lot of real authentic content. What a shocking notion.

Check out the video.